Summer is creepin’ on and I’m craving contemporary, inexperienced issues, like this smoothie.
What makes it tremendous inexperienced? We’re about to search out out. Shall we?
This smoothie is about as simple because it will get: 5 elements, 5 minutes, 1 blender.
The base is frozen banana, cucumber (we discovered about cucumber’s well being advantages in my Cucumber Smoothie), and coconut milk. I embody hemp seed as an non-compulsory addition for wholesome fat and protein. And final however not least, spirulina!
I requested you guys on Twitter when you’d be fascinated with seeing any recipes with spirulina, and also you stated sure! I’ve included recommendations on the place to purchase and the best way to use it within the notes.
Spirulina is an extraordinarily nutritious blue-green algae that’s excessive in B nutritional vitamins and minerals like iodine, beta-carotene, antioxidants, iron, and manganese. It’s additionally 60% protein and a whole protein, containing all important amino acids – 1 Tablespoon boasts four g protein.
So what’s the massive deal? Spirulina is a really concentrated supply of nutritional vitamins and minerals and in addition very detoxifying and alkalizing to the physique, which is why it’s thought-about a “tremendous meals” in lots of circles. I’ve been incorporating it primarily into my smoothies and love its intense coloration, impartial taste, and well being advantages. It’s an effective way to get a inexperienced smoothie with out including handfuls of kale.
What does it style like? Eaten instantly, it has a considerably disagreeable style – form of like seaweed. But, when thrown into smoothies or desserts, it’s undetectable. Huzzah!
I hope you all LOVE this beautiful smoothie! It’s:
Quick + Easy
This smoothie makes the proper plant-based breakfast or snack. For much more protein, add extra hemp seeds, chia seeds, or your favourite vegan protein powder. And don’t neglect your toppings! I went for blueberries, hemp seeds, and granola (which was impressed by my lady @shutthekaleup!).
If you do that recipe, tell us! Leave a remark, charge it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we will see. Cheers, pals!
Super Green Spirulina Smoothie (5 Ingredients!)
A nutritious and vibrant inexperienced smoothie with 5 elements: banana, cucumber, coconut milk, spirulina, and spinach! The good plant-based breakfast or snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe sort: Breakfast, Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 ripe banana, beforehand peeled and frozen (~1 cup)
- ½ cup (52 g) sliced cucumber (natural when potential // pores and skin on)
- ¾ – 1 cup (180-240 ml) mild coconut (or different non-dairy) milk (much less for thicker smoothie, extra for thinner smoothie)
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach or chopped kale (natural when potential // I prefer to freeze mine)
- 1 tsp spirulina powder*
- non-compulsory: 1 Tbsp (10 g) hemp seed (or sub chia seeds or vegan protein powder)
FOR SERVING non-compulsory
- ¼ cup (37 g) frozen or contemporary blueberries (natural when potential)
- ¼ cup (40 g) granola (store-bought or do-it-yourself*)
- To a blender*, add frozen banana, cucumber, coconut milk, spinach, spirulina, and hemp seed (non-compulsory). Blend till creamy and easy, scraping down sides (or utilizing smoothie wand) as wanted.
- If too thick, skinny with water or extra coconut milk. If too skinny, thicken with ice or extra frozen banana. Taste and modify taste as wanted, including extra banana for sweetness, cucumber for freshness, or greens or spirulina for inexperienced coloration. See notice about spirulina (manufacturers + how a lot so as to add).
- Serve instantly as is or in my most popular: prime with blueberries, granola, and extra hemp seeds. Best when contemporary, although leftovers will maintain lined within the fridge as much as 2 days or the freezer for 1 week. Thaw to get pleasure from from freezer.
Serving dimension: 1 smoothie with out toppings Calories: 225 Fat: 9.7 g Saturated fats: eight.7 g Carbohydrates: 36.eight g Sugar: 15.four g Sodium: 72 mg Fiber: four g Protein: 5.eight g