I’m scripting this put up as I’m en path to Kansas City to complete up some work initiatives and to go to household.
We’ve discovered ourselves touring lots just lately between our new residence state of Oregon and our former residence state Kansas. Sometimes I can’t make up my thoughts if I’m an Oregonian or a Kansan. I made a decision this morning I might be each.
Life has been good recently. I’ve began a private Instagram account (@minimalistdana) to share extra about issues outdoors of meals (like journey, marriage, and pure magnificence). So for those who’re wanting extra behind-the-scenes peeks at our on a regular basis life, you’ll be able to comply with alongside there.
Otherwise, hold it parked here for a critical dose of plant-based goodness, like these Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
This recipe is impressed by and tailored from my Life-Changing Banana Walnut Pancakes! Only this time, I went all in with a double dose of chocolate: cocoa-infused batter speckled with semisweet chocolate chips! Serious swoon.
In simply 20 minutes, you’ll have fluffy, tender, healthful pancakes that simply occur to style like chocolate cake in your palms. Does life get any higher?
Now, for toppings? While these pancakes are scrumptious on their very own, take them to the subsequent stage with issues like maple syrup, chocolate chips, banana, and coconut butter! These would even be insane with peanut butter (examined and accredited).
I hope you all LOVE these pancakes! They’re:
& Insanely scrumptious
These would make the right lazy weekend breakfast! OR make a batch forward of time, freeze them, after which pop them into the toaster (sure, it’s my favourite frozen pancake + waffle hack) for a fast and straightforward breakfast throughout the week.
Love pancakes? Try our Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes, Oreo Pancakes, Whole-Grain Vegan Pancakes, Blueberry Muffin Pancakes, Life-Changing Banana Walnut Pancakes, Vegan Carrot Coconut Pancakes, and Toasted Coconut Pancakes.
If you do that recipe, tell us! Leave a remark, fee it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, pals!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes (GF)
Fluffy chocolate chocolate chip pancakes made in 20 minutes with healthful substances. The good vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened breakfast!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe kind: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- three/four cup (120 g) gluten-free oat flour (I floor mine from entire oats)*
- three/four cup (120 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used my DIY blend)
- 1/four cup (56 g) almond flour (not almond meal, OR sub extra gluten-free mix)*
- 1/three cup (32 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- half tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe banana (the riper the higher // ~ 120 g)
- 1 half Tbsp (23 ml) melted coconut oil* + extra for cooking
- non-compulsory: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 half Tbsp (23 ml) maple syrup (I like Grade A)
- 1 1/four cup (300 ml) non-dairy milk (I used plain unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/four cup (45 g) vegan darkish or semi-sweet chocolate chips (I favor Enjoy Life)
FOR SERVING non-compulsory
- To a big bowl, add oat flour, gluten-free flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to mix and put aside.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add banana and mash. Then add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract (non-compulsory), and maple syrup and whisk to mix. Then add non-dairy milk and whisk to mix. If the coconut oil hardens or clumps, it is not an enormous deal. You can microwave (for 45 seconds – 1 minute) to remelt – in any other case proceed.
- Add the moist substances to the dry substances and gently fold all the things collectively. Then add the chocolate chips (see picture) and gently fold/combine till the batter is properly mixed. It ought to be thick however pourable/scoopable. If too skinny, add extra gluten-free or almond flour. If too thick, skinny with slightly non-dairy milk.
- Heat a big nonstick skillet, griddle, or cast-iron skillet over medium warmth. Carefully rub skillet with coconut oil.
- Once scorching, spoon 1/four – 1/three cup of the batter onto skillet. Cook till floor of pancakes have some bubbles and the sides seem dry (~2 minutes). Carefully flip pancakes and cook dinner till browned on the underside (~2 minutes extra).
- Transfer cooked pancakes to a baking sheet or plate and hold heat in a 200-degree F (94 C) oven. Continue cooking till all batter is used up – about 12 pancakes.
- These pancakes are scrumptious on their very own, however they’re amplified with toppings (see choices above). Store cooled leftover pancakes (with out toppings) in a container separated with wax or parchment paper to forestall sticking. Will hold within the fridge as much as four days or within the freezer as much as 1 month. Reheat within the toaster oven or oven till scorching.
*If nut-free, sub the almond milk for rice or gentle coconut milk. And sub the almond flour for extra gluten-free flour mix.
*If oil-free, strive subbing the oil with applesauce or 1 Tbsp (15 g) nut butter.
*Nutrition data is a tough estimate for 1 of 12 pancakes with out toppings.
*These pancakes are tailored from the Life Changing Banana Walnut Pancakes.
Serving dimension: 1 pancake with out toppings Calories: 149 Fat: 5.9 g Saturated fats: three g Carbohydrates: 22.6 g Sugar: four.four g Sodium: 103 mg Fiber: three.6 g Protein: three.7 g