On a current journey to Kansas to go to family and friends, we stopped at an area juice store referred to as Songbird that had the scrumptious, wholesome choices I used to be craving when away from house.
Are you stunned to know I went two days in a row? And that I ordered the identical factor each days? I’m so predictable it’s not even humorous.
This was one in all my first açaí bowl experiences, and the flavour mixture of banana peanut butter lastly compelled me to create an impressed model for the weblog. Let’s do that!
This recipe is SO easy, requiring simply 10 minutes, Four components, and 1 blender.
The base is açaí, the surprise fruit everybody appears to be raving about, particularly on the subject of smoothie bowls.
Açaí is a South American-based berry that’s turning into fairly widespread within the well being group, boasting a great deal of antioxidants, amino acids, electrolytes, and vitamins.
I personally adore it as a result of (relying on the model you purchase – I like Sambazon), it has very low sugar content material. Plus, it blends extraordinarily effectively with different components as it’s fairly impartial in taste, which is what makes it excellent for this banana peanut butter model!
In addition to frozen açaí (which is straightforward to seek out at most grocery shops and well being markets within the frozen part), I relied on bananas for creamy sweetness, peanut butter powder for a lower-calorie but high-protein addition, coconut milk, and spinach (good day, fiber and folate).
The result’s a creamy, thick smoothie bowl that finally ends up tasting like a banana peanut butter milkshake!
For toppings, I went with sliced bananas, berries, coconut, and sunflower seeds. Hemp seeds additionally make a fantastic addition.
I additionally assume this smoothie bowl can be scrumptious with the addition of your favorite vegan protein powder (chocolate, vanilla, or plain)!
I hope you all LOVE this smoothie bowl! It’s:
& Mega scrumptious
This would make the right breakfast or snack for days if you don’t have a lot time or it’s too sizzling to cook dinner.
If you’re into smoothies, make sure you take a look at my Go-To Smoothie Bowl, Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl, Super Green Smoothie Bowl, 5-Ingredient Detox Smoothie, Carrot Turmeric Ginger Smoothie, and PB & J Date Smoothie!
If you do this recipe, tell us! Leave a remark, fee it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph #minimalistbaker on Instagram. We love seeing what you provide you with. Cheers, associates!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Açaí Bowls
Creamy, nutritious açaí bowls with banana, peanut butter, coconut milk, and spinach! A Four-ingredient wholesome breakfast or snack that tastes like a milkshake!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe sort: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 2 packets (200 g) frozen unsweetened acai (natural when doable // I used Sambazon unsweetened)
- 1 half ripe bananas, beforehand sliced and frozen (270 g)
- three Tbsp (15 g) peanut butter powder (or nut butter of selection)
- 1/Four – half cup (60-120 ml) unsweetened coconut, almond, rice or different non-dairy milk
- non-obligatory: 1 cup spinach (natural when doable // I purchase mine washed + freeze it)
- non-obligatory: 1/Four cup combined berries (for shade)
- half banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) sunflower seeds/hemp seeds
- Add frozen acai, frozen banana, peanut butter powder (or butter), and 1/Four cup dairy-free milk to a high-speed blender. If including spinach, add right now. I solely added berries for purple shade and suggest leaving them out for greatest taste.
- Blend on low, utilizing a wand to push the fruit down. Smoothie bowls shall be thick, so it takes them longer to mix. Continue mixing, scraping down sides as wanted, including solely as a lot dairy-free milk because it takes to assist it type a thick smoothie texture.
- Taste and alter taste as wanted, including extra peanut butter powder (or butter) for peanut butter taste, banana for sweetness, or berries for fruity taste. The taste ought to resemble a peanut butter banana smoothie, because the açaí is kind of refined in taste and barely tart.
- Divide between two serving bowls and garnish with desired toppings. I went with coconut, berries, banana, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and peanut butter.
- Enjoy instantly – greatest when contemporary! Freeze leftovers as much as 2 weeks. Thaw to get pleasure from.
*Nutrition info is a tough estimate for 1 of two servings with out toppings.
Serving dimension: half of recipe with out toppings Calories: 229 Fat: Four.5 g Saturated fats: zero.6 g Carbohydrates: 44.5 g Sugar: 24.5 g Sodium: 180 mg Fiber: 6.5 g Protein: 9.6 g