Friends, are you prepared for some next-level alfredo pasta? I do know – who isn’t? Let’s do that!
The base and inspiration for this recipe is nice potato noodles!
I’ve solely shared a couple of veggie noodle pastas on the weblog (Carrot Noodle Chickpea Bolognese, Zucchini Pasta with Lentil Sauce and Noodle-Free Pad Thai). But, as a result of it’s summer season and I’ve discovered myself in an abundance of zucchini and potatoes, it appeared like the best time to share one other “pasta-free” pasta dish!
This recipe is simple to make, requiring simply Eight substances and easy strategies to organize.
The base is spiralized candy potato noodles, which prepare dinner up shortly till tender and supply the right quantity of sweetness to offset the garlicky, tacky cashew alfredo sauce.
This garlicky alfredo sauce is on level! Cashews mix with each roasted and uncooked garlic (a trick I perfected in my Best Ever Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese recipe), dietary yeast, salt, and almond milk. Arrowroot provides slightly extra thickness to the sauce however isn’t needed.
Yes, that’s it! So straightforward and so creamy, garlicky, and scrumptious. Look at that thickness although!
I hope you all LOVE this veggie noodle pasta. It’s:
& Insanely scrumptious
This would make the excellent weeknight meal whenever you’re craving one thing wholesome however satisfying. To quicken the method, you too can roast your garlic and soak your cashews forward of time, which might make this extra of a 20-minute recipe!
If you aren’t into candy potatoes, you possibly can sub different veggie noodles similar to zucchini or your favourite gluten-free pasta. And when you’re into pasta, make sure to take a look at our Spicy Red Lentil Pasta, Chickpea Bolognese, Garlicky White Wine Pasta with Brussels Sprouts, Eggplant Lasagna Roll-Ups, and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta.
If you do that recipe, tell us! Leave a remark, price it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, buddies!
Garlicky Sweet Potato Noodle Pasta (Eight Ingredients)
Insanely scrumptious vegan garlic alfredo sauce over candy potato noodles! Just Eight substances, wholesome, flavorful, and so satisfying!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe kind: Entrée
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Italian-Inspired
- 1 cup (120 g) uncooked cashews
- 1 entire head garlic (for roasting // see directions)
- 2 cloves uncooked garlic (omit for much less garlicky taste)
- Four-5 Tbsp (12-15 g) dietary yeast
- half of tsp sea salt, plus extra for roasting garlic
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch) // for thickening
- 1 half of – 2 cups (360-480 ml) unsweetened plain almond or rice milk, + extra as wanted
- non-compulsory: pinch crimson pepper flake (omit for much less spicy)
- Three giant or Four small-medium candy potatoes (~525 g // natural when doable, peeled and spiralized)
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) coconut or avocado oil (if avoiding oil, sub water // plus extra for garlic)
- Pinch sea salt
FOR SERVING non-compulsory
- Add cashews to a small mixing bowl and canopy with extremely popular water to soak for 1 hour. Then drain totally and put aside (or soak in a single day or 6-Eight hours in cool water).
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 levels F (204 C) and slice off the very high of your entire head of garlic. Place on a bit of foil, drizzle with oil (non-compulsory) and a pinch of salt and loosely wrap. Bake immediately on the oven rack for 45 minutes – 1 hour or till aromatic, tender, and barely golden brown. Then take away from oven to let cool.
- If serving with kale chips or sautéed kale, put together now and put aside till serving.
- While cashews end soaking, peel and spiralize potatoes utilizing a veggie spiralizer on the thinnest blade, or when you do not personal a spiralizer, you should use a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler as a substitute. Set apart.
- Add soaked and drained cashews to a high-speed blender in addition to roasted garlic. To extract garlic cloves, squeeze from the bottom upwards and the softened cloves ought to simply slide out. Then add remaining substances: recent garlic, dietary yeast, salt, arrowroot starch, and 1 half of cups (360 ml) almond or rice milk.
- Blend on excessive till creamy and easy, scraping down sides as wanted. Taste and regulate taste as wanted, including extra recent garlic for zing/kick, dietary yeast for “cheesiness,” salt for saltiness, or a pinch of crimson pepper flake (non-compulsory) for warmth. The sauce needs to be creamy, easy, and pourable. If too thick, skinny with a bit extra almond milk (I used 2 cups (480 ml)).
- Transfer sauce to a big, rimmed pan or pot and warmth over medium-low warmth till it simply begins to bubble. Whisk because it heats, as it’ll thicken. Once effervescent cut back warmth to low and simmer to maintain heat. The sauce will thicken, so skinny with extra almond or rice milk as wanted.
- Heat a separate giant rimmed skillet or pot over medium warmth. Once scorching, add 1-2 Tbsp oil (or water) and add potato noodles. Season with a pinch of salt and toss with tongs to coat. Cover to let steam. I added a few Tablespoons of water to my pan to assist them steam. But watch out to not add an excessive amount of or it may make the noodles soggy. You want just a bit moisture to assist them soften. Continue cooking, gently tossing often till tender.
- Add your candy potatoes to your sauce and gently toss to mix. If including kale or different add-ins, add at the moment.
- Serve as is or garnish with recent parsley, crispy chickpeas, kale chips, vegan parmesan, or crimson pepper flake.
- This dish is greatest when recent, because the noodles are inclined to get soggy after reheating, however the taste remains to be scrumptious! If storing for later, I like to recommend preserving kale and different toppings separate. Will preserve within the fridge for Three days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
*I want the above linked spiralizer by Inspiralized. But this Spiralizer seems to be nice, too!
Serving dimension: 1 serving of Four with out toppings Calories: 417 Fat: 19.Four g Saturated fats: 6.2 g Carbohydrates: 56 g Sugar: 2.Three g Sodium: 324 mg Fiber: Eight.2 g Protein: Eight.9 g