Ahhh, October is right here and I couldn’t be extra excited to get in cozy mode – a.ok.a. residing in sweaters and sweatpants and consuming all of the turmeric tea tonic I can get my palms on. Let’s do that!
First of all, what’s a tonic? Good query! It’s a ‘medicinal substance taken to offer a sense of vigor or well-being.’ (source)
I used to consider “tonic” as tonic water. But once I realized that it associated extra to a therapeutic beverage or substance, I’ve been calling this recipe a “tonic” ever since!
This turmeric-ginger-lemon selection has been on repeat for a while now, so it was due time I share it with you all. It’s straightforward to make, requiring simply 5 minutes, Three substances, and 1 pot. Healthy and straightforward? Yeah, now we’re speaking.
The base for this straightforward tonic is lemon juice, freshly grated ginger, and freshly grated turmeric. You can elect so as to add maple syrup, however I didn’t discover it essential! The solely different factor I choose is slightly kick within the type of cayenne pepper.
So what makes this tonic therapeutic? Good query.
Turmeric incorporates a compound known as curcumin, which boasts wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory results. (source)
Ginger is a pure anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that has been recognized to support digestion and relieve nausea. (source)
Lemon is of course detoxifying and alkalizing within the physique, aids in wholesome bowel actions, and boasts loads of Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system. (source)
And cayenne stimulates circulation, boosts metabolism, naturally relieves ache, and may have an alkalizing impact within the physique. (source)
See? Told ya so.
I hope you all LOVE this tonic! It’s:
Easy to make
& SO darn tasty
Make this tonic if you’re feeling down or sick, must destress, want some assist in the digestion division, have an upset abdomen, or simply want one thing cozy when it’s chilly outdoors.
If you’re into therapeutic meals, additionally you’ll want to try my 5-Ingredient Detox Smoothie, 5-Minute Detox Salad, Turmeric Carrot Ginger Smoothie, Super Green Spirulina Smoothie, Ginger Colada Green Smoothie, Go-To Smoothie Bowl, and Golden Goddess Hummus!
If you do this recipe, tell us! Leave a remark, price it, and don’t overlook to tag an image (boomerang or story) #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we will see. Cheers, buddies!
Healing Three-Ingredient Turmeric Tonic
A 5-minute, Three-ingredient, 1-pot therapeutic tea tonic with ginger, lemon, turmeric, and cayenne. The good approach to detox the physique, recuperate from a chilly, or loosen up earlier than mattress.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe kind: Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 Tbsp (packed // ~6 g) recent grated turmeric (or ½ tsp floor, although recent is finest)
- 1 Tbsp (packed // ~6 g) recent grated ginger (or ½ tsp floor, although recent is finest)
- 1 lemon, juiced (~Three Tbsp or 45 ml), plus leftover rind
- optionally available: 1-2 tsp maple syrup (can sub stevia or uncooked honey if not vegan)
- optionally available: Pinch cayenne pepper
- Three cups filtered water
- To a small saucepan, add turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and leftover lemon rind, maple syrup (optionally available), cayenne (optionally available), and filtered water. I personally did not assume it wanted any sweetener, however sweeten to style.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil) over medium to medium-high warmth (~Three minutes). Then flip off warmth.
- Set a small strainer over serving glasses and divide between two mugs. Enjoy. If the tonic is just too potent for you, dilute with extra scorching/heat water.
- Store (strained) leftovers within the fridge as much as 2-Three days. Reheat on the stovetop till simply heat.
Serving dimension: 1 of two glasses Calories: 13 Fat: zero g Saturated fats: zero g Carbohydrates: 1.eight g Sugar: zero.6 g Sodium: 16 mg Fiber: zero.four g Protein: zero.four g